In the previous post, “Do your Beliefs Create your Reality?” I summarized author Pam Grout’s hypothesis that your beliefs shape what you see in real life. If you believe you’ll see a yellow butterfly, you’ll see a yellow butterfly.
Yellow Butterflies Everywhere
I felt a little silly asking to see a yellow butterfly. I thought about changing it to something else, but I wasn’t feeling incredibly creative, so I kept it a yellow butterfly. Grout notes that the butterfly could come in any form (like seeing butterfly wrapping paper, stationary, or whatever).
On the morning of that 24-hour period, imagine my surprise when I was hiking up at Cathedral Rock, resting at a point between the lava vortex and the echo chamber (about seven hundred feet up from the base) and a giant yellow butterfly (a double pointed swallowtail, to be exact) came fluttering through the rocky red crevasse.
“Oh shoot!” I exclaimed, “I totally forgot that I manifested yellow butterflies!”
To my amazement as I hiked Cathedral Rock and Baldwin trail I spotted 21 yellow butterflies (of several different species). When I set the intention to see a yellow butterfly I did not know it would be yellow butterfly season. I did spot two black butterflies and a few white ones, but boy, 21 yellow butterflies took the cake.
(As I typed up this follow-up report, I saw number butterfly # 22).
The Law of Attraction: Why does it work?
While I have been following The Law of Attraction for years, I still ponder why this happens.
· Did looking for yellow butterflies make me see what was already there (I think this is part of Grout’s point and I think that neuropsychologists would agree.)
· Was it a huge COINCIDENCE that I happened to set this specific intention during yellow butterfly season? (And when we follow The Law of Attraction, we know that it’s not coincidence but synchronicity.)
· Did setting the intention “vibe” all these yellow butterflies to me? (This I can get behind. The butterflies and I were energetically attracted to each other!)
· Or did the butterflies pop into the hologram reality because I willed them there? (This is the possibility that is most difficult for me to conceive, but it is illustrated in Grout’s book. I have such difficultly with this, not because of the concept of a flexible physical reality, but because it’s just so narcissistic. It’s like saying that I willed the butterflies into existence. Do the butterflies know that they exist solely for me?)
A Free Cup of Coffee
As I readied to set the intention for the next experiment, I wondered how challenging it might be to get a free cup of coffee in the next 24 hours. While I have gotten a cup of free coffee before, in my experience, it’s rare.
I would like to note that feeling that something is challenging could present a manifestation snafu. Doing this work well requires “owning” it, knowing it, expecting it. When you feel it is hard, it becomes hard - you push it away from you.
Regardless of how “rare” I felt this was, while I was sitting poolside at my gym, I set the intention, grabbed my mason jar, and walked indoors to take a break and get a glass of water.
While inside of the gym, I noted that they were setting up for an event.
“We’re having free snacks and wine,” they told me.
“Got any coffee, by any chance?” I asked as I looked around for a coffee pot.
“It's brewing” They said. “Would you like a cup?”
Would I like a cup???
Of FREE COFFEE!
Already? I set the intention less than five minutes before that!
So, this is what I need YOU to do here, people. I need you to do two things.
1) Tell the Universe you want to see some stinking yellow butterflies
2) And then tell The Universe you want your free cup of coffee.
3) And then let me know. Seriously. I need to know if everyone else is seeing yellow butterflies and getting free cups of coffee.
Post your results in the comments section below!
To take part in this experiment series from the beginning, read "Does an Invisible Energy Force Exist?"
Also, if you want to read more about how your thoughts create your reality, check out Pam Grouts book E-Squared …
Each month we'll be hosting a product giveaway of healthful and spiritual products - books, jewelry, lotions, oils, candles, and nutrition - all of my most favorite things!
One way to enter in the giveaway, is to sign up for the online mailing list.
There are multiple ways to win prizes. Check into this months promotions for more information- good luck!
Living an organic lifestyle doesn't have to be expensive or hard. I mean, it can be, but there are easier ways...
I'm the chick that promotes the best products with the biggest bang for your buck - products that are good for your body and have the least impact on the environment (and they're tasty, too!).
I'm the chick that makes organic DIY easy-peasy.
And there's some cool stuff coming up on this site. You like Giveaways? Whoop Whoop! Follow me my new friends...
Looking for something?